Location: Belper, Derbyshire, UK
Chevin Fleet Solutions is a leading provider of flexible Fleet Management Software used by commercial and public sector clients throughout Europe. With our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Client Services team in Belper, UK.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Chevin Fleet Solution’s UK Projects team as a Project Manager. You will be working with a variety of high-profile customers in the fleet industry, from blue chip logistics operators and motor manufacturers, to humanitarian agencies, helping them get maximum value from our software. For our clients, these are often business critical projects, with contract values of 1 million pounds plus.
This is a varied role and while predominantly office based, it will involve some occasional travel throughout the UK and the potential for international travel. You should expect to be based onsite at our Belper, Derbyshire office primarily, with client visits being infrequent and the need for overnight stays very rare (though you should be flexible on this). As reward for meeting team and personal performance metrics, the role benefits from flexible working hours, the option for some home-based work and quarterly bonus payments from the company scheme.
Chevin are recognised as the world leading Fleet Management software provider with offices in the UK, Belgium, Australia, America and France. We have customers in over 180 countries around the world.
Standard working hours are 37.5 per week, Mon-Fri.Job Profile
- Manage delivery through the full lifecycle of approx. 5 -10 projects of varying size at any given time
- Form realistic plans with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Maintain an accurate and up to date project plan and update clients with a weekly highlight report
- Use Jira to manage sprints and get visibility that the work is flowing as required
- Pro-actively work with all members of the project team to ensure that any blockers to required progress are removed
- Manage budgets and scope, ensuring that change orders are correctly identified
- Monitor timesheet activity against your projects to ensure that your resources are on task as expected and that time logged is accurate
- Attend client meetings as required
- Maintain all relevant project documentation and ensure that there is always a clear audit trail of progress, decisions, issues and risks
- Present your project for gate reviews
- Plan work in conjunction with other Project Managers, to efficiently share resources in a way which ensures quarterly revenue targets are met
- Escalate any risks or issues to your project with the appropriate department leads
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes, procedures and our product, enabling more efficient delivery
- Provide feedback to the board where requested
Most importantly you will be a positive go-getter, looking for an opportunity with a rapidly growing and exciting software house. Your career path will be clearly rooted in software, you will be reasonably technical and talking with developers and clients about technical subjects will not phase you. Any experience in the fleet industry would be a distinct advantage, as understanding the problems your projects need to solve for our clients will be key to your success.
You will be energetic in your work and take pleasure from a perfectly structured and well-planned Jira project.
- 5 years commercial Project Management experience, with significant experience delivering software implementation projects (ideally working for a software house)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner – (does not need to be current)
- Demonstrable experience working with Agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Strong business acumen and the ability to demonstrate credibility to clients from multiple departments (e.g. Fleet, Finance, HR)
- Ability to work well under pressure, with the resilience to handle up to 10 projects simultaneously
- Real world experience of the IT system installation lifecycle (ideally web applications)
- Exceptional communication skills able to explain technical solutions to non-technical people
- Able to create and maintain project plans in Microsoft Project
- Excellent relationship builder, with the ability to provide leadership and motivation
- Experience working for a software vendor as the main contact for external clients
- Experience of Jira Software for project management
- Business Analysis/Requirement gathering skills desirable, particularly any experience working with the Use Case format
- Previous experience delivering system interface projects, especially with knowledge of web service technology
- Computer Science degree or equivalent technical subject
If you are a great team player who gets on well with others and are looking for a move which will enhance your career in a fantastic working environment, then please send your CV for consideration.
This role is active now and we are looking for the successful candidate to join us as soon as possible.