Location: Belper, Derbyshire, UK
Chevin Fleet Solutions is a leading provider of flexible Fleet Management Software used by commercial and public sector clients throughout Europe. With our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Client Services team in Belper, UK.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Chevin Fleet Solution’s UK Projects team as an Implementations Consultant.
This is a critical role within the business which adds significant value to the delivery of our systems.
From an implementation perspective, you will have a broad range of technical and analytical skills which, when combined with your expert “under the hood” knowledge of our range products, will allow you to turn functional specifications into real world solutions for our clients.
Although building systems will be how you spend much of your time, this role also has a broader and more strategic scope. One of your key objectives will be looking for opportunities to reduce time to delivery through identifying product and process changes which will enable smarter working.
This role will provide a high level of satisfaction and gives one of the strongest foundations for progressing into other roles in the business. Depending on your aspirations, you will be well placed to grow your career into any of the following roles – Business Analyst, Project Manager, Developer, Trainer, Sales.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As an Implementation Consultant you will report directly to the Regional Operations Lead in your region and you will provide service to the following internal & external customers:
- To the Product Team, the Implementation Consultant provides structured monthly feedback on improvements required to expedite delivery of our systems
- To Business Analysts, the Implementation Consultant provides expert product knowledge and best practice to ensure quality solution design, guaranteeing maximum levels of reuse where possible
- To Project Managers you will be the key resource completing and coordinating the build of client’s systems.
- To the Customer, the Implementation Consultant will provide implementation skills where local or onsite support is required and will act as the point of contact for technical queries
Your key performance indicators will be based around the quality, volume and timeliness of your work, your contribution to the development of the product and your individual contribution to the profitability of the business.
- Manage your own time effectively in the face of competing demands.
- Ensure a return on investment for your efforts which contributes positively to company revenue targets each month.
- Proactively communicate with Project Managers as early as possible where there are any risks to committed deliverables.
- Review proposed solutions at the design phase and identify areas for simplification and reuse of existing functionality.
- Provide estimates on implementation work as required.
- Build client specific advanced reports in SQL.
- Minimise rework by taking all possible measures to ensure the quality your work.
- Lead sprint demos to show clients how their system build is progressing.
- Produce training/help material and conduct internal training sessions (and occasionally external where required)
- Ensure that all systems are delivered with a clean, maintainable and easy to understand configuration.
- Provide significant in-depth knowledge and experience on Chevin’s range of products and platforms.
- Actively build your knowledge of our problem domain (Fleet Management) to enhance your creditability and extend the impact of your technical abilities.
- Identify product improvements which will enable lighter touch delivery and report these to the Product Management Team.
- Ensure key performance indicators are met.
- Mentor Implementers in the business, taking direct accountability for their professional development and the quality of their work.
- A Level/BTEC level 3/NVQ level 3 in Computer Science or an Information Technology related subject or relevant professional experience
- Understanding of web applications and how they are built
- Demonstrable knowledge of fleet management domain and the problems we need to solve for our clients
- Intermediate SQL skills with the ability to write reasonably complex queries in SQL server
- Foundation knowledge in principles of programming and an understanding of what it takes to write maintainable and supportable code
- Ability to read and debug C# in Visual Studio IDE
- Mature, self-motivated approach, with the ability to take accountability for the quality and on-time delivery of your own work with minimal need to be actively managed
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Empathy and a customer satisfaction focussed outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with team members and customers alike
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a scientific subject area
- Previous experience in working in a fleet management related role
- UK Driver Licence
- Occasional UK and international travel is required
- Depending on business requirements and project demands, overtime may occasionally be required/offered
- You will need to be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements/business conditions
- Established in 1990 in the heart of England, Chevin has grown to become the leading global provider of dedicated Fleet Management Software. With offices situated across the globe, our software is now used in over 180 countries.
- You will join around 50 other employees at our head offices in the attractive and vibrant market town of Belper, Derbyshire.
- Our software continues to win multiple awards year after year and we were East Midlands Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year 2016/17.
- Chevin Fleet Solutions is an ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified business.