Apprentice Implementation Consultant
Location: Belper, Derbyshire, UK
Chevin Fleet Solutions is a leading provider of flexible Fleet Management Software used by commercial and public sector clients throughout Europe. With our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Client Services team in Belper, UK.
As an Apprentice Implementation Consultant, you will work as a member of a team delivering software to our clients.
You will be assigned to a Technical Product Specialist who will act as your mentor and you will spend your time configuring our Fleet Management software to meet each client’s specific requirements.
This role will provide an excellent introduction to our business and will ultimately lead you into a Junior Implementer position on completion of your apprenticeship. From there, you would be expected to progress into a Technical Product Specialist role yourself, which in time could lead into virtually any other role in the business depending on your aspirations.
As an Apprentice Implementation Consultant, you will report directly to your assigned mentor and you will assist them in providing the following services to both internal and external customers:
- To Project Managers you will learn to be the key resource completing and coordinating the build of client’s systems
- To the Product Team, you will learn to provide structured monthly feedback on improvements required to expedite delivery of our systems
- To Business Analysts, you will learn to provide expert product knowledge and best practice to ensure quality solution design, guaranteeing maximum levels of reuse where possible
- To the Customer, you will provide implementation skills to deliver the system to their requirements
Your key performance indicators will be based around the quality, volume and timeliness of your work, your contribution to the development of the product and your contribution to the profitability of the business.
- Manage your own time effectively in the face of competing demands.
- Ensure a return on investment for your efforts which contributes positively to company revenue targets each month.
- Proactively communicate with your mentor to keep Project Managers informed as early as possible where there are any risks to committed deliverables.
- Attended meetings to review proposed solutions at the design phase and identify areas for simplification and reuse of existing functionality.
- Provide estimates on implementation work as required.
- Build client specific advanced reports in SQL.
- Minimise rework by taking all possible measures to ensure the quality your work.
- Attend sprint demos to show clients how their system build is progressing.
- Help to produce training/help material for both internal and external training sessions.
- Ensure that all systems are delivered with a clean, maintainable and easy to understand configuration.
- Provide significant in-depth knowledge and experience on Chevin’s range of products and platforms.
- Actively build your knowledge of our problem domain (Fleet Management) to enhance your creditability and extend the impact of your technical abilities.
- Identify product improvements which will enable lighter touch delivery and report these to the Product Management Team.
- Ensure key performance indicators are met.
- A Level/BTEC level 3 with some coverage a technical subject area (science, technology, engineering, maths)
- Basic understanding of web applications and how they are built
- Basic, demonstrable SQL skills
- Mature, self-motivated approach, with the ability to take accountability for the quality and on-time delivery of your own work with minimal need to be actively managed
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Empathy and a customer satisfaction focussed outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with team members and customers alike
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Foundation knowledge in principles of programming and an understanding of what it takes to write maintainable and supportable code
- Depending on business requirements and project demands, overtime may occasionally be required/offered
- You will need to be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements/business conditions