Fleet Size: 16,500 Previous System: Mainframe System - SCEMIS Product: FleetWave 1.0
The South Carolina State Fleet Management Office is mandated by SC Budget and Control Board to provide vehicles and related services to more than 200 state agencies and universities across the state, providing comprehensive fleet services that include:
- Vehicle Procurement, delivery and disposal
- Internal Service Fund billing
- Acquisition and management of Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- Maintenance and repair services
- Call Center support and external vendor authorization and payment processing
- Maintenance Facility Certification
- Fuel Card management and support through 100 state and more than 3,000 retail fueling sites
- Fleet Safety and Accident Management services
The State of South Carolina was looking to better control fleet operations by embracing a web-based fleet management system. The system also needed to be able to deliver fleet information to SAP, the organization's pre-existing ERP system.
South Carolina has replaced its inflexible SCEMIS system with a fully integrated web-based enterprise fleet management information system.
With FleetWave in place, the State Fleet Management Office can now offer its remote state agencies and individual drivers a holistic view of all fleet related information in order to dramatically improve fleet utilization and reduce operating costs.