Case Study - Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd
Fleet Size: Previous System: Excel Product: FleetWave AU Date Installed: October 2007
Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd (HCA) is a subsidiary of HCM. HCA has assembled under one company, a world class group of products and services to provide solutions for the needs of the Australian mining, construction, earthmoving, quarry and forestry industries.
Hitachi was looking to improve the efficiency of its fleet related operations by taking a modern, technology-based approach to data management.
- staff can easily email a quotation request to a number of selected suppliers
- Quotes from suppliers can be attached to quote requests in FleetWave.
- Successful quote data can be imported into FleetWave
- Staff can promote a successful quote request via an electronic approval process and onto the order phase
- Order confirmation and eta details can be added to the PO
- Delivery notification can be emailed to the request originator
- Management can review the status of vehicle requests at any time.
- Management has the ability to receive a vehicle and update the vehicle details for the operation phase.
- Accounts staff have the ability to easily import transaction data for selected vendors.
- Accounts staff can create summary reports by account number for data entry into ERP systems.
- The company can now reconcile transactional data with invoices from vendors.
- Selected branch personnel can analyse the owning and operating costs of all their vehicles in detail from standard screen reports with export into excel facility.
- Email notification to drivers can be automatically sent with the exception data attached
- Exception data can be quickly and easily amended
- Transfer allocation of driver and cost centre can be achieved
- Replacement of registration numbers can be performed at Branch Administration level
- Notification of disposal can be sent in a timely manner.
- Allocation of disposal costs after the end of the lease period at company level